the friends

I have an amazing friend with amazing kids.   She's also an amazing photographer and meeting her is one of the best things that has happened to me as a result of ever picking up a camera.  Around our house their family is simply called "The Friends."  That's their official title and it's common to hear my daughter ask "Can we play with The Friends today?"  Her baby dolls are all named after them.  

When I asked her if she would like to meet The Friends at a brand new playground at one of our favorite local parks she squealed.  This is the first time I had ever shot Ilford HP5 and I absolutely love the way this film stock looks.  Playgrounds are fun to shoot on black and white film because you lose some of the 'busyness' but you get to play with the interesting lines and shapes created by the playground equipment.  There's something timeless about kids swinging, sliding, and climbing and I think b&w film captures it so well.  

This was a fun day for all of us and this roll is extra special because I was able to have it processed at the FIND Lab thanks to a birthday gift certificate from The Friends.  





















Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment