film mama: month 2, portra 400

I am so excited for another month of the film mama blog circle.  There is such soul in these posts and I have been looking forward to clicking through them since our last installment.

This is a long one so thanks in advance for scrolling.  This roll of Portra 400 was the first roll of film I had shot in a while (a few weeks without shooting film is too long!) and I was so joyous about shooting it that I think it came through in my images.  My daughter and I took a trip to a park that had just built this brand new playground a few days prior.  Watching her explore all of these new ways to climb, slide, and run around was just what I needed and the warmth of film was a perfect match for how we were feeling.  I wanted to document all of the details of our evening together, down to the tiny flowers she picked and had me tuck into her pigtails.  I had this developed and scanned at the FIND lab thanks to an amazing friend who gave me the best birthday present--a gift certificate for film processing.

Do your eyes a favor and continue around the circle by clicking here to see the incredible post by Jayme Ford of {the} Paper Deer Photography.
























Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. these are beautiful Corrie, i love the colors and the light!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corrie, I just love your photography, everytime I see your photos, it encourages me to persevere with film ;-) STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so amazing and full of life you can tell she is having so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I am loving every single one of these. You capture childhood so perfectly and on film, they are just so PERFECT. Beautiful work Corrie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Corrie, these are beautiful! I just love the light, colors, and all the fun little details you captured! What camera did you use? I've been wanting to try the FIND lab but haven't yet. They did a great job and what a fantastic present from your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous. Your princess and the light are just magical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! You are so good and she is so precious! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning, Corrie! I can't stop looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these Corrie! This is everything about this age - and the light and the film grain are just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete