film mama: month 3

When I received these scans I was breathless as I clicked through to see each image.  The colors!  The tones!  As a film lover those things tend to jump out at me first.  But then as I looked at them with my mama eyes I fell in love with them even more.  

This roll was shot at my inlaws' home.  Their backyard is one of her very favorite places in the world.  On this day her Grammie had found a little set of containers with magnifying glass tops for her and she immediately wanted to go outside and see what she could find.  

I only brought my F100 out with us and loaded it with film, hoping for some nice colors on an overcast day.  I kept my distance as she collected her "discoveries" as she called them.  Occasionally she would proudly come over to me to show me something she had found.  It was really a perfect childhood afternoon.  I love when I'm able to use a whole roll of film to tell a story from beginning to end, each frame freezing a little moment of a larger experience. 

Please continue around the circle to see the other beautiful film mama work this month.  Start by visiting the super talented Jayme Ford of {the} Paper Deer Photography.















Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. These are so sweet! You're right - a perfect childhood afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These images are wonderful! I love the way the film shows all the detail of her beautiful hair. What a dreamy outcome for a dreamy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! I adore the second image. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these so so so much Corrie. I love all your images, but the colors in these are so lovely. the little red sandals make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete