film mama at the beach

First I want to do a little happy dance to celebrate my filmaversary.  July 18 marked one year from the very first roll of film I ever shot.  I was so scared and exhilirated just by pressing that shutter and I was hooked immediately.  I had no idea how much film would bring to my life and how much I would grow as a photographer with every roll I shot.  I feel like I know such a tiny fraction of what there is to know about film photography but I'm excited to keep seeing where this medium takes me.  I've said it before but if you're on the fence about jumping into film:  do it!!  Okay, on to my film mama post this month.

From the moment we decided to go to the beach I was dreaming of the film I would shoot by the ocean.  After our trip we got so immersed in the process of moving (in case you missed it I am based in Northern Virginia now so if you're in NoVA and want me to photograph you just shoot me a message!) that I wasn't able to send in my film rolls from our vacation until a solid month afterward.  I elected to get basic scans from the FINDlab this time around so I could get a solid idea of how good my exposures were.  I had a couple of goals for my film shooting at the beach and I wanted to be able to see if I had met them.  Check my work so to speak.  

When these beauties arrived in my email the other night I was over the moon.  My exposures looked good, the colors were soft and dreamy, and most importantly I felt myself back at the beach watching my daughter play in the sand.  

Thanks for scrolling and please click through to see beautiful film images by Sarah Ermlich here.

























Pin It Now!

5 comments:

  1. I love these! I am a beach person and love shooting at the beach too! These are beautiful, I love how you captured the day with all of the sandy little details.... so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUCH beautiful images! I miss the beach - makes me want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh corrie, have you really been shooting film for only one year? your photos are so dreamy and they are what I am hoping for, I just LOOOOOVE your work so much every time.

    the colors and simplicity of your style is wonderful. Every photograph is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, such beautiful images Corrie! And I can't believe you've only been shooting a year. You rock my socks off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to get back to the beach with my film after seeing these Corrie! Love!!!

    ReplyDelete