a month of film: february 2014

I shot 10 rolls again this month but still have one left to develop so these are my favorites from the 9 rolls I had developed and scanned.  I shot a lot of "consumer" film this month, i.e. the stuff you can buy at Walgreens or CVS and I always love the results.  Bright filmy colors always really draw me in.  I tried this month to focus more on shooting "everyday life" and I think I felt more free because I wasn't shooting film that cost 10+ dollars a roll.  I also wanted to take some chances like shooting film in the snow in the brightest part of the day, taking pictures of her playing with my dad at a playground I've never been to with LOTS of background distractions everywhere, and shooting in a dim coffee shop. As often happens, those turned out to be some of my favorite images, maybe because I stretched myself a bit more to achieve them.

If you love the look of film images and are considering a film/digital hybrid session with me I would love for you to check out the following film photography features my work has had to get more of an idea of how a film session could look.  Film is perfect for outdoor sessions and also amazing for indoor lifestyle images of newborns, children, and families.

http://www.littlebellows.com/2013/12/02/corrie-heisey-little-bud-photography-building-blocks/

http://www.bellelumieremagazine.com/my-girl-at-three/

http://film-mama.com/2014/02/10/featured-photographer-little-bud-photography/
































































Pin It Now!

2 comments: